Monday, September 27, 2010

Edit Post - Smart filters and Adjustment layers

For this photo I increased contrast and decreased saturation slightly then masked out the flower so the yellow would be more vibrant more than the rest of the picture. I used flexible editing layers.

Original

Brown Eyed Girl

Date: 9/25/10 Time: 8:53 a.m. Location: Hobble Creek Canyon F-stop: f/5.6 Shutter Speed:1/50 sec. Camera: Cannon Rebel T2i Editing: poster edges, diffuse glow, exposure

This past weekend I went to Utah and did a photo shoot with my sisters kids. This is Tayler, my brown eyed girl. I experimented with filters and adjusting the exposure of the picture. I like the poster edges because it gives her more of a cartoon feel and really brings out the comedic expressions on her face.

Original

Idaho Falls Temple

Date: 9/26/10 Time: 7:34 a.m. Location: Idaho Falls, ID F-stop: f/3.5 Shutter Speed:1/30 sec. Camera: Cannon Rebel T2i Editing: adjustment layers with multiply blending mode

For this picture I wanted to adjust the sky to really bring out the colors that were in the sky that night. I added the multiply blending mode which made the temple too dark but was perfect for the sky. I then used the brush and masked out where the temple was to brighten it. Beautiful evening!

5 comments:

  1. I really like the Idaho falls Temple picture. You did a great job on making the sky look like what you saw when you took the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of Tayler and the effect that the poster edges give. It really brings out the texture in the background. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way that you edited both of these images. They are really well done. The temple picture was my favorite. You made the picture look like it was metered for the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, both of your photos look wonderful, especially after being edited. You seem to have mastered the Adjustment Layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marissa love your brown eyed girl!! also loved meeting you and the fact that you're from WA just makes you that much cooler :) The only adjustment I would make would be to not center her, but I love how your perspective is from above. great show!

    ReplyDelete